Sunday 30 October 2011

What a Blanker!

I have not posted for a long time because I have not caught a fish for what seems like an eternity. With the change of season I decided to break the British Zander record and started a campaign on the river Severn near Tewkesbury. However after three straight blanks it need not be a record, any Zander will do, or a Pike I am not fussed! Just something pulling my line. I get really frustrated blanking. I have been trying everything, low resistance rigs, treble hooks, single hooks, fishing into darkness, baiting the swim etc. If anyone has any ideas can they please let me know.
I need a (confidence restoring) break so will be fishing for something different next week but will be back for another record attempt soon.

2 comments:

  1. Throw a lure about Joe in various areas and try and find the fish.Then when you have done,fish for them with dead or live baits.What ever you fancy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats good advice from Monty, But i would dead bait with about a six inch bream and cast it in for 15 minutes then look for another area that would be a good ambush point for a pike, and keep moveing till it drops in the pikes mouth,
    Hope you catch somthing very soon Joe,
    Good Luck mate,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete