Monday 23 June 2014

I do like to be beside the river

My first proper session of the new season saw me armed with half a gallon of maggots and a couple of bags of hemp wandering down to the Warwickshire Avon. No targets had been set just a pleasure session capturing whatever came along in the glorious summer weather we have been enjoying of late. The wildlife was abundant. Spooked a Muntjac on the way to the river. Damselflies flitted about all over the place. An Egret worked the shallow water for his lunch and the fish were in a real feeding mood.

I lost count of the numbers of Roach, Dace and Chub that I landed. No monsters amongst them but a really enjoyable day none the less. It certainly beat sitting by a muddy puddle pulling in Carp with deformed mouths all day. Stunning scenery, beautiful wildlife and fish galore.
What could be better?





4 comments:

  1. Joe,
    Are you still considering clients for your guiding services?
    I would be interested if you are.
    John
    07825 560200

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't bother, when I go with him he is the one that ends up catching the bigger fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely looking but clearly functional float. Do you simply double rubber or do you have an eye on the bottom of the stem?

    RR

    ReplyDelete