Sunday 20 December 2015

A Good Move

The initial intention was to fish for Barbel and I set up in the same swim as last week. Conditions looked great, the river was about a foot above normal, had a nice colour to it and the temperature of late has been exceptionally mild for the time of year. Feel a 'but' coming along? As is often the case the Barbel hadn't read the script. After over an hour with no activity, not even a slight twitch I decided a change of tack was required. 
I like to always have a plan B in place as my fishing time is precious and never to be wasted. I grabbed some cheese paste and a pack of Roach dead baits and wandered down below the weir. Dead bait in the margin, cheese out in the flow and finally got some action. A brace of Chub landed both around the three and a half pound mark. Cracking battles in the snaggy swim.
Only one bite to the dead baits but a really pleasing stunning Pike of 11lb 3oz. The move was well worth it.


Struggled to get the focus right on the self-take but rescued what I could on the computer.
The car is still there and getting closer to the river!!

1 comment:

  1. I fished there on Sat, a few chub and a bonus roach on worm but nothing to the pike rod. Nice pike pity it wasn't a bit fatter

    ReplyDelete