Saturday 2 April 2011

First Tench Foray, Linear.

A session that took a lot of getting going but turned into an enjoyable days fishing. A very quiet, biteless morning without even a liner to show for my efforts. Once the weather warmed up a bit the Tench got on the feed and I finished the session with 6 fish, ranging from 5lb 5oz to 7lb 6oz.
6lb 4oz
5lb 5oz
7lb 6oz
6lb 15oz
7lb 0oz
I feel that the harsh winter has put them behind in terms of their weight this year but am sure they will average a lot more in a months time.
The quiet periods gave me time to watch the various birds doing their rituals and whilst I am no ornithologist they were interesting to watch.
I would be grateful if someone could tell me what sort of birds these are? They were doing a mating ritual all day and it was very entertaining.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Joe, nice fish there. think the birds arew great crested grebes...very active at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayup Joe, those are great fish, each bettering my PB, that is great angling.
    Regards, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which of the lakes was this session spent on, Joe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andy, if I was forced to have had a guess, thats what I would have said but did not want to look daft.
    Thanks Dave.
    Hardwick Jeff, always least busy and much prefer it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some nice Tench there Joe, great average size too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Joe, Some nice fish coming out now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing bag, and early in the season.

    ReplyDelete