- Personal Bests
- Photography Portfolio-updated
- Specimen Gallery(non pb's)
- Foreign Fishing
- My Fluff Chucking-improving slowly
- Sea/Shark Fishing
- Barbel, It's all about doubles
- Red Letter Days- Zander and Pb Barbel
- Red Letter Days-Tench
- Chub, lots of fives, my quest for a six
- Carp-flukes and twenties
- Cheese paste recipe
Monday, 24 June 2013
My Loafer float had only just landed beneath the far bank Willows (not an easy cast!) when it shot under and I knew I was connected to a decent fish. Even Chub fight hard in this fast water and when I saw it's big open mouth break through the surface I thought 'this is a five'. It was only in the net that I realised the depth of it and that it could be close to a pb. On the scales it went 5lb 15oz, of course I reweighed it and gave the scales a shake but I could not claim my first ever 'six'. I was and still am however really pleased with a new pb.
I did however nail a brace of Barbel, the first being my biggest so far of this season weighing 9lb 10oz.