Monday 18 September 2017

Parish Games Bridesmaids


We didn't get the best of draws, the river was low and clear, conditions too bright-all excuses that were discussed over a pint post match. I can honestly say we did however make the most of our opportunities. The annual Parish games fishing match, the once a year where I dip my toe in the strange world of match fishing.
The fishing was tough, in fact it was worse than tough. Dry nets numbered well into double figures so the fact that every one of our team of three caught something meant we were in with a chance at the end.


I contributed a meagre 7.5oz made up of three Perch, some blade Roach and a solitary chublet, all caught reasonably early on. As I say tough going but I still enjoyed it! This bag of monsters gave me fourth in my section. Ady also finished fourth in his section and Don caught a credible 2lb 5oz to give him second in his section and third in the match overall.

2017
As a team we finished second overall for the third time in four years-consistent!! Next year is going to be our year........
2015
2014

No comments:

Post a Comment