Thursday 15 August 2013

Under the old Willow


The old Willow in my favourite swim has finally succumbed to the pull of gravity under the weight of this years foliage. It has had a dangerous lean on for a long time. I have sat by this old tree for more hours than I dare to add up and I am grateful to it for giving me respite from rain and snow on several occasions. I hope it is left alone to wither away naturally but no doubt someone with a chain saw will deem it necessary to remove it. At the moment it is creating a brilliant habitat for fry.
Today was yet another short morning only session before an afternoon school uniform shopping expedition for my eldest. Not a massive amount to report, but I did winkle out a few fish.
First up was a 7lb 14oz Barbel, taken on trotted meat as usual.


The swim went dead after that so I dropped into the next spot and landed a 4lb 6oz Chub.


Similarly I could not get another bite from that peg so dropped down one more and first cast in the new area saw me landing a 6lb 11oz Barbel


After that I called it a day.

1 comment: