- Personal Bests
- Photography Portfolio-updated
- Specimen Gallery(non pb's)
- Foreign Fishing
- My Fluff Chucking-improving slowly
- Sea/Shark Fishing
- Barbel, It's all about doubles
- Red Letter Days- Zander and Pb Barbel
- Red Letter Days-Tench
- Chub, lots of fives, my quest for a six
- Carp-flukes and twenties
- Cheese paste recipe
Saturday, 24 September 2011
I had no problem finding the Dace, a massive shoal of them, and managed to catch about 40/50, but they were all of virtually the same year group and weighed around an ounce apiece. I would have caught more but the Jack Pike kept picking off an easy meal. Five times they snatched my fish and bit through the 3lb mono every time. I did get one close to my bank but he disappeared as soon as he saw me.
Late in the day when I was running low on maggots I had my biggest Dace of the session, weighing a whole five ounces.
I also caught Gudgeon, Roach and Perch, one of which was the biggest fish of the day.